Call us free on 0800 169 3612

Start claim
Injured in a road accident?

We're the UK's biggest and most experienced injury claims specialist. Driver, passenger, cyclist, or pedestrian - we can help you claim the compensation you're entitled to.

Claims Calculator

Road Accident Compensation

Road accident compensation - your rights

If you've been injured in a road accident that wasn't your fault, you have a legal entitlement to road accident compensation.

Car accidents happen for various reasons, such as car fault, defective road surfaces or, most commonly, other drivers' negligence. In any of these instances, if you suffer from car accident injuries, you may be able to make a no win no fee road accident compensation claim.

It's not just drivers who can claim road accident compensation - if you were injured as a passenger in a car or on a bus, a pedestrian, cyclist or motorcyclist, we can help.

Contact Road Accident Helpline - a service provided by the UK's biggest and most experienced accident claims specialists, National Accident Helpline, if you have any questions. Or, if you're ready to get started, start your claim online now.

Who pays my road accident compensation?

This depends upon who's to blame for the accident and whether or not they have insurance.

If another driver crashes into and injures you, and they have car insurance, their insurance company will pay your road accident compensation.

However, if the driver who injures you drives away without exchanging details, or they stop but don't have any car insurance, your compensation will be paid by the Motor Insurer's Bureau (MIB).

Finally, if you suffer a cycling or motorcycling accident due to a spillage on the road that the Highways Agency knew about but didn't act upon, your road accident compensation would be paid by the Highways Agency.

If you've been injured in a car accident but you're not sure if you can claim, or just want more information, call our friendly advisors for a chat.

Can I still claim if I had an accident abroad?

Being injured in a road traffic accident abroad may seem like a complicated situation, but we're here to help make your road accident compensation claim as hassle-free as it can be.

Many motorists, cyclists, motorcyclists and pedestrians think that they won't be able to claim if they have a traffic accident abroad, but thanks to the Motor Insurer's Bureau this isn't the case.

Even if the party responsible for your crash did not leave any details with you, you can still make a claim through the Motor Insurer's Bureau green card scheme.

How much road accident compensation will I receive?

The amount of compensation you could receive following road accident injuries varies greatly depending on the severity of your injuries, how long they last, and the effect of the injuries on your life.

To get an idea of how much you could claim, use our online claims calculator. Your solicitor will be able to give you a more accurate estimate based on the details of your claim.

Passenger and Pedestrian Accident Claims

It's not only drivers who can claim compensation. Passengers and pedestrians can claim against the insurance company of the driver who caused the accident.


Request a callback

Fields marked with * are mandatory.