Call us free on 0800 169 3612

Start claim
Injured in a road accident?

We're the UK's biggest and most experienced injury claims specialist. Driver, passenger, cyclist, or pedestrian - we can help you claim the compensation you're entitled to.

Claims Calculator

Motor Insurers’ Bureau Claims

What is an MIB claim?

A Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) claim is for when you you’ve been;

  • Hit by an uninsured driver
  • Involved in a road accident caused by someone else, who leaves the scene without passing on the contact and insurer details (known as an untraced driver, or a hit and run).

Regardless of whether you were hit by an uninsured driver, or the person that caused your accident is untraceable, your road accident compensation is paid by the MIB. All UK motor insurance companies are required to pay into the MIB’s fund each year.

If you are involved in a hit and run incident it is important that you inform the police immediately. 

MIB claims and your rights

If you’ve been injured in a road traffic accident as a motorist, passenger, bus passenger, cyclist, motorcyclist or pedestrian and it wasn’t your fault, contact us today for free to see if you can make an MIB claim.

We believe that if you’ve been injured after being hit by an uninsured driver, or involved in a hit and run, you should be able to claim compensation without the risk of having to pay expensive legal fees if your claim is unsuccessful. This is why our solicitors can help you make your MIB claim on a no win no fee basis.

Accidents abroad and MIB claims

You can still make an MIB claim if you've been hit by an uninsured driver abroad. Successful MIB claims in this situation are paid out thanks to the MIB’s Green Card Scheme.

The Green Card Scheme was introduced to make it easier for those involved in road accidents abroad, or accidents involving a vehicle registered in a foreign country to recover their losses, and to claim compensation for injuries. It removes the need to deal directly with the foreign insurer, as the foreign insurer must have a representative in the UK.  

How do I make a MIB claim?

To see if you can make a no win no fee MIB claim, contact us today free of charge. Our friendly and experienced advisors are on hand for a chat, but you can also leave your contact information with us if you aren’t available to talk right now. Alternatively, start your claim online to get started without picking up the phone.

Our advisors will help you understand your situation and, if whether you can make a claim. We select the very best solicitor to handle your case – this means that wherever possible, they will be based in your local area, and will always have experience in MIB claims.

After discussing your accident, your solicitor will communicate with the Motor Insurer’s Bureau and work hard to settle your claim as quickly as possible.

Calculate your claim

  • Minor Head Injuries £1450 - £8400
  • Whiplash (moderate) £5150 - £16400
  • Hip or Pelvis Injuries £2600 - £86000
  • Serious foot injuries £16400 - £25750
  • Simple arm fractures £4350 - £12600
  • Upper body injuries £2200 - £111000

Claims Calculator

Request a callback

Fields marked with * are mandatory.